Benore Logistics Systems
The primary function of the JIT Planner is to optimize performance and meet operational standards through the company driver and asset assignment process. Position will coordinate the operations component of planned TMW orders and the Master Scheduler. The Planner will assign equipment and drivers to loads using transportation software (TMS), Microsoft Excel, TMW, and the Master Schedule. The position requires professional communications, computer and presentation skills. Position represents the company in a positive image with employees, customers and the community always performing in a safe and ethical manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Responsible for labor and equipment planning utilizing Microsoft Excel and TMW Software.
- Optimizes routes / schedules and reviews for operational standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety and service accountability through the asset assignment process.
- Responsible for scheduling and assigning outsourced carriers and communicating schedule deviations to all stakeholders.
- Executes allocation of assets using the Drivers Route Selection sheets as a guideline to ensure all customers load requirements are met.
- Attends shift change meetings and updates appropriate departments.
- May have operational and dispatch responsibilities to monitor and manage a component of assigned drivers/equipment and implement customer plans, routes, schedules, and to pick up or deliver freight.
- Required to attend and complete all company development, safety and compliance training.
- Required to adhere to all BLS policies, procedures, DOT and OSHA safety rules and regulations.
- Strict adherence to CT-PAT best practices.
- Follows all workplace processes and standards in support of the ISO-9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, and OHSAS 18000:2007 Quality certification programs.
- Maintains adept knowledge of the trucking industry, DOT, C-TPAT regulations for Driver/non-driver policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates or a Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics, or a related field preferred and/or a minimum of five years in a dispatch function with load planning responsibilities.
SPECIAL SKILLS REQIURED
Must have Expert Level Microsoft Excel skills. Candidates must be able to demonstrate both strong written and verbal communication skills. In addition, candidates must demonstrate a proficiency in most Microsoft Office programs such as Word, and Outlook. Additional knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety regulations and current logistics software such as PC Miler, TMW, and/or Peoplenet is preferred, but not required. Strong analytical skills required.
Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively through multiple formats included e-mail, phone calls, and fax notifications. The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and regulations, operation manuals, maintenance instructions and procedural manuals is preferred, but not required. All candidates will need to be able to solve practical problems where limited standardization exists. Candidates will need to be able to interpret a variety of instructions form multiple formats, including written, verbal, diagram and schedules.
ExperienceAt Least 5 Years
Education RequirementsAssociate Degree