Benore Logistics Systems
SUMMARY: The primary function of the Senior Operations Manager is to provide strong leadership skills and oversight to a team of dispatch employees, planners and drivers, providing training and oversight to ensure a company’s operations run smoothly and safely. Manages company assets for safe, efficient, and timely movement of freight. Implements procedures, provides information to supervisors, customers and executive leadership, and generates ideas to help increase productivity.. The position requires professional communications, computer and presentation skills. Position represents the company in a positive image with employees, customers and the community always performing in a safe and ethical manner to achieve financial success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- This position manages the daily work for time sensitive automotive freight through the assigned dispatch and driver team members to plan, execute, monitor and manage professionally the assigned company and non company assets for the movement of freight.
- Oversees the execution of the daily operational plan to include the planning, execution, monitoring and management of assigned loads, drivers, and equipment associated with the implementation of customer plans, routes, and schedules.
- Manages the assigned dispatch team to implement customer plans, routes, schedules, and to pick up or deliver freight for the efficient and timely billing to our customer and to maintain customer service needs.
- Managing the assigned personnel to ensure the data entry information is completed in real time efficiently for all company and customer related data into the company transportation software and/or related software in the transportation department.
- Manages and monitors closely with company Load Planners, Customer Onsite Team and outside Carriers to ensure assigned dispatchers execute the efficient Load Plan models to ensure that the customer’s needs are being met including the communication of essential information of pick up and delivery information to the customer, carriers, and drivers.
- Responsible for promoting a highly engaging culture, motivating employees, fostering an environment with high levels of teamwork, accountability, communication and vision to employees
- Manages and ensures that all assigned team members uphold a professional brand and meet all expectations as outlined in the company handbook.
- Ensures the assigned dispatchers manage and update the transportation software database files with customer, EDI, carrier, vehicle, driver information, and all other relevant information. Ensures the proper training of all assigned dispatchers and drivers in the assigned responsibilities.
- Responsible for the management of dispatch and driver accountability as it relates to DOT compliance, Hours of Service (HOS), operations, equipment usage, company policies and the discipline of the same for the assigned work group.
- Administers the compliance of Hours of Service (HOS) and driver logs in accordance with DOT Regulations and company policy.
- Assists in the investigations of Incidents, Workplace Injuries, and Accidents of assigned drivers and coordinates with the Human Resources and the Safety Department to ensure accident investigations are in compliance with State and Federal Regulations and Company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring and obtaining KPI and Productivity goals as established by the Director of Transportation and as determined by company ownership for the assigned work group.
- Manages by analyzing performance gaps and creating action plans to address performance issues.
- Responsible for continuous improvement and innovation as it related to improving processes, addressing performance, creating action plans and ensuring proper training and development of employees.
- Must provide constructive feedback to team members, as well as positively receive feedback from supervisors and incorporates it into their work.
- Collaborates with customers to resolve issues, identify and implement opportunities.
- Responsible to prepare and present professional communications, reports, and presentations to the customer and ownership as required.
- May need to work nights and weekends due to company and customer needs.
- Follows all workplace processes and standards in support of the ISO-9001 Quality certification program.
- Required to attend and complete all company development, safety and compliance training.
- Required to adhere to all BLS policies, procedures, DOT and OSHA safety rules and regulations.
- Strict adherence to C-TPAT best practices.
- Follows all workplace processes and standards in support of the ISO-9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, and OHSAS 18000:2007 Quality certification programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervises the assigned Drivers, Dispatch Supervisors and Transportation Coordinators. Responsibilities include: planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and assisting in disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems. May assists with interviewing, hiring, and training employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics, or a related field preferred, or combination of experience/education and a minimum of ten years in a dispatch or load planning position or equivalent experience or transferrable skill set with leadership similar leadership experience in reference to scope and scale. Experience utilizing specialized transportation software preferred.
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Previous experience leading a team of 25 or more employees in a time-sensitive industry required with an operation of 200 or more employees. Must possess strong interpersonal skills. Must demonstrate good communication skills both written and oral. Must be able to manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment. Must possess excellent personal computer skills. Preferred: Previous working knowledge of a transportation software i.e. : TMW, McCloud, Peoplenet, Rand McNally, PCMiler etc.. and Microsoft Office products software i.e.; Word, Outlook, and Excel. Knowledge of Transportation fleet models; Knowledge in Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and/or CTPAT preferred. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
ExperienceMore than 10 years
Education RequirementsBachelor Degree